Come, Holy Spirit
19 Feb 2000, Denis Jenkins
(Denis is a member of Thornleigh church, and is also the church's Communication Coordinator)
The Holy Spirit is a controversial issue that appears to be becoming more feared as many groups are rising up in other churches, and also in our church. The Holy Spirit seems to be the most targeted issue for counterfeit in our age. There is good reason for this in that that the Holy Spirit, next to Christ's sacrifice, is the next most important issue for our salvation.
This presentation was broken up into 4 different sections:
- The Only Way to Know What is Truth
- Our Works or Fruit?
- Why Do People Feel That They Can Never Access the Power of the Holy Spirit?
- So Just How Important is the Holy Spirit to Our Salvation?
The third section "Why Do People Feel That They Can Never Access the Power of the Holy Spirit?" had 9 answers to it (both positive and negative viewpoints are given, negative answers in brackets):
- Choice (never choose)
- Ask (never ask)
- Be in continual contact with God through the Spirit (not in continual contact)
- Expect to receive communication from God through the Spirit - have faith (don't expect in faith)
- Obey God's mission for a Spirit-filled person (don't obey)
- Realise that the Holy Spirit is for all - not just chosen ones (limit the Holy Spirit)
- Be happy to have a place in the world on God's terms (desire own terms)
- Be prepared to think differently (desire to think like others)
- Shut the door to the world (problems shutting the door)
"Do not grieve the Holy Spirit with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." (Ephesians 4:30)
Our salvation is sealed with the Holy Spirit.
For the full text of this presentation, select one of the following links:
Copyright © 2015 Thornleigh Seventh-day Adventist Church