Online Magazine: Edition 67
Autumn (Mar-May 2021)
Welcome to the Sixty-seventh Edition of the Online Magazine of the Thornleigh Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Pastor's Piece - Look Up
- A Serious Question for a God of Love (by Norman Tew)
- Brave Enough to Listen (by Nigel Byng)
- The Ultimate Hero (by Kira-leigh Josey)
- Recipe - Loaded Mexican Rice (by Erica Green)
- Recipe - Baked Enchiladas with Sweet Potato (by Erica Green)
- Recipe - Pumpkin Soup with Thai Flavours (by Erica Green)
- Recipe - Satay Carrot Soup (by Erica Green)
It is hard to believe that is has been about a year now that our world has been in a pile of pandemic pain. We can start to see some light at the end of the tunnel, with the various vaccines starting to be produced and administered, but we are still a long way from being back to normal.
The bible tells us that God is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20, NIV). So, may I encourage you to ask and to keep on asking? Pray that God will bless the work of our health professionals and government officials and that they will be granted strength and wisdom. In particular, pray for a special blessing on the efficacy of the various vaccines that are being rolled out around the world.
In this Edition
In this edition, Pr. Mark Baines encourages us to look up and find clarity, comfort and hope in the Maker of the heavens and earth.
One of our regular contributors poses a difficult questions about God. If God is all-loving, why doesn't he stop bad things from happening?
Nigel writes for the "Signs of the Times" magazine, and walks us through the horrors of domestic abuse, along with a challenge for us as neighbours and some practical suggestions of how to help.
In this article Kira-Leigh highlights the concept of hero characterisations throughout mythology and literature and then introduces us to the ultimate hero in the form of Jesus Christ.
Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes - Erica Green
Our recipe column for this edition includes two Mexican inspired meals and two spicy soup recipes.
- Loaded Mexican Rice (Vegetarian and easily modified to be Vegan)
- Baked Enchiladas with Sweet Potato (Kumara), Black Bean and Nutmeat (Vegan with Vegetarian alternative additions)
- Pumpkin Soup with Thai Flavours (Vegan)
- Satay Carrot Soup (Vegan)
For a full list of recipes including those featured in previous editions, please see the full recipe list.
Copyright © 2021 Thornleigh Seventh-day Adventist Church